Each year I always get excited for October. The leaves change, the weather cools and we begin to ease into the holiday season. To start us off we have Halloween, which is one of my favorite holidays. No matter how I old I get, I will never stop carving pumpkins or have joy in scaring people. Though I haven’t been Trick or Treating since I was 11, (household rules) I still like to put in a little extra effort to be festive this time of year . As usual our house is decorated with carved pumpkins, fall leaf shaped dishes and lots of pumpkin candles. Another staple to keep up the festivities are Ghost Cookies. My mother has been making these as long as I can remember. Today, whenever I think of Halloween I automatically think of Ghost Cookies. The best part about these cookies is the fact they’re only made of three ingredients. So no matter your baking level, you can make them. Below you’ll find the recipe and I hope you enjoy making them to share with your family and friends!
1 package of Nutter Butters
2 pound bag of white chocolate wafers
- Empty chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds and then stir with fork. Repeat 2 more times (3 in total). Once chocolate is smooth, remove from microwave.
- Place about a two foot long sheet of wax paper on your surface.
- Take individual Nutter Butter cookies and dip in white chocolate. Take a fork to stir it around in the white chocolate.
- Gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess white chocolate.
- I recommend dipping 4-5 cookies individually and then pausing to put the eyes on the ghosts.
- Take 2 chocolate morsels and place them on the ghosts to make eyes.
- Once done, let sit for about an hour to dry.